Why are seniors choosing League City, TX for retirement?
Seniors choose League City, TX for being one of the safest cities in America, being in the top five tax-friendliest cities, and for its proximity to Galveston Bay. It’s a senior living paradise of attractions and top-rated healthcare, but there may come a time when the comforts of assisted living or memory care will give you the peace of mind you need.
Everyone’s journey is different, and we all age at our own pace, but senior living is all about planning for the future. Let’s look at how the services at Proveer at South Shore can help prepare you for a comfortable life.
When do I need assisted living?
Would you like to live independently while receiving assistance in a few areas of your life? At Proveer at South Shore, you can. Assisted living means belonging to a community set up to support you.
Have you experienced any of the following:
- Forgetting to take medications at the correct time?
- Feeling lonely from a lack of socialization?
- Weight fluctuation due to poor nutrition?
- Changes in hygiene due to trouble bathing or getting dressed?
- Lack of access to proper medical care?
- Mobility issues?
Think of the peace of mind you’ll experience with these services:
- Medication management
- Daily wellness and social activities
- Daily living assistance with bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Individualized service plans
- Home health care coordination
- Scheduled transportation to appointments and entertainment
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- Three balanced meals per day
As we said before, senior living is about planning for the future. By eliminating burdensome chores, receiving proper assistance, staying active and eating well, you’ll be on your way to living independently, longer.
When does a loved one need memory care?
Alzheimer’s and dementia statistics are rising every day. In Texas, it affects over 400,000 individuals and one in three people over the age of 85. To relieve families from the burnout of caregiving, the memory care services in our community are here for you.
Proveer at South Shore’s Cherish memory care program in League City is a comprehensive and cost-effective option for families needing support for their loved one with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, frontotemporal dementia, or other forms of dementia. Here is how the Cherish philosophy promotes a life of purpose and dignity for your loved one:
- Daily strength and wellness classes for all activity levels
- Guided outings to local attractions
- Educational programing
- New experiences
- Outcome-focused lifestyles
- Staying creative promotes healthy cognitive levels
- Using art as a therapeutic tool of reminiscing and expression
- Making arts and crafts that go to helping local charities and causes
- Involvement in organizing community-led charitable drives
- Encouraging socialization and creating opportunities for seniors to connect with their peers and community members
Our team members are always finding ways to help residents experience meaningful moments. No matter how small, we celebrate every victory and accomplishment.
If you have a family member living with Alzheimer’s or dementia, ask yourself:
- Can I provide the proper care for my loved one?
- Can my loved one benefit from socialization?
- Am I taking adequate care of myself?
- Am I feeling burned out?
- Are my caretaking duties creating financial problems?
Proveer at South Shore provides a secure and stable environment for your loved one to live independently. Give time back to yourself while we provide them with personalized assistance, meaningful, engaging activities and utilize innovative care practices.
Is it time for senior living in League City, TX?
Proveer at South Shore opens soon. Be among the first to benefit from a life of peace of mind. We’re sure you’ll be impressed by the expert assistance and amenities our community offers. Contact us to arrange a tour or ask any questions.